The holiday season is in full swing! And with that, the stress of the hustle and bustle and perhaps the concern of finding the perfect gift for your sweetie. Look no further, I have compiled some gift ideas for your inspiration. I first talked about giving presence versus presents last year and to be honest, I still love it so read here for more on this lovely concept! Additionally, I complied my top 3 gifts for lovers last December for Denver Natural Mom, and again, I still adore these ideas so you can read them here.
But of course, I have seen other gift ideas that are swoon worthy so below you’ll find a few new ideas:
- A couples’ massage at Izba Spa where you can spend two hours indulging in relaxation and self care with your lover by your side. This gem is located in Denver, but if you aren’t local, don’t fret, you can surely find one near you.
- Purchase two journals. One for you and one for your sweetie. Spend the year writing down memories, drawings, sayings, and words of gratitude to then gift each other next year. Here is a sweet and affordable option from Etsy.
- Truly, “LUBE IS LOVE” (I first heard this concept from the fabulous sex educator, Shanna Katz at her SexCom show and it’s stuck with me ever since). To find the perfect option, consider purchasing sample packs online or at a nearby sex shop to test out and determine which is your fave. May I suggest my personal favorite brand, Sliquid (nope, I don’t get paid for this endorsement, I just love it that much!) as a possible brand to explore.
- Take care of all of the logistics (childcare, reservations, clearing schedule for you and them, so forth) and plan a date! Bonus tip: switch it up. Do something new, go to a new place, add some spice with adventure and see how it positively impacts your connection.
- Make a sexy wish list for each other (think: wish list for santa, but instead your sexy partner is the giver).
With these, I am certain you will have a lovely holiday with your lover whether with presence or presents <3
Until next time,
About the Author:
Dr. Lily A. Zehner, MFT-C is a therapist who specializes in sex, intimacy, and relationships. Her private practice is located in Denver where she helps others reach their fullest relational and sexual potential. To learn more about her and her services, please feel free to take a look around her website.